Thursday 28 May 2015

Painting the M4 Sherman

This Blog is still in the start-up phase but it's about time I add a bit of colour to it. I'm currently painting up Warlord games' 1/56 plastic Sherman produced by Italeri . You can check the link to get all the details and information.

Official box art
 The model fits together seamlessly and has nice details. I used an airbrush to paint on the basic layers of vallejo Brown Violet 70.887 (93) and highlighted it using the modulation technique.

I then added the decals and painted on the damage effects using the stipling technique. Next I will add a streaking effect using oils and then paint the details before I pull out the pigments and varnish.

So far I'm pretty pleased how things are going so I want to get this Sherman finished soon. I'll post some more pics when it's done.


My USMC Sherman Work In Progress

Warlord Games Bolt Action M4 Sherman Work In Progress
 
 
Cheers,
Seb

No comments:

Post a Comment